- 300 grams diced pumpkin
- 80 grams red lentils
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks of celery finely diced
- 100 grams finely grated ginger
- 4 cloves of finely grated garlic
- 1300 ml vegetable stock
- 2x 400 grams coconut milk
- 3 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- hemp seeds & sunflower seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, then garlic and cook for 1 min. Add ginger, cook for another minute. Add onion and celery, cover and sauté until soft and translucent. (about 10 mins.)
2. Add spices and cook for 1 min. Rinse lentils under cold water and add then stir in pumpkin pieces and add vegetable stock.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until pumpkin and lentils are soft.
4. Remove from heat, purée until smooth. Add coconut milk and simmer stirring gently.
5. Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and sunflower seeds.